- OLETKO 18-25 -VUOTIAS NUORI?
- PUHUTKO JA KIRJOITATKO SUJUVAA ENGLANTIA?
- RAKASTATKO ELOKUVIA?
- SUJUUKO SOMETTAMINEN?
- HALUATKO ILMAISELLE REISSULLE VENETSIAN ELOKUVAJUHLILLE EDUSTAMAAN SUOMEA?
27 Times Cinema etsii yhtä nuorta kustakin EU:n jäsenmaasta edustamaan kotimaataan Venetsian elokuvajuhlille 31.8 – 10.9.2022.
Valitut osanottajat pääsevät myös osallistumaan elokuvajuhlien Giornate degli Autori -palkinnon valitsijaraatiin.
Lue ohjeet alta, osallistu ja voit päästä elämäsi seikkailuun!
Launched jointly in 2010 by the European Parliament’s LUX Audience Award, Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema will welcome 27 filmgoers, who will represent a film theatre of the Europa Cinemas network, as well as one of the 27 member states of the European Union.
27 Times Cinema will take place during the Giornate degli Autori (31 August – 10 September 2022) at the Venice Film Festival. This great initiative will make the dream of 27 young European moviegoers to attend the Venice Film Festival come true! The 27 youngsters will constitute the Giornate degli Autori Jury and will award a prize to the best film of this year’s selection. Moreover, as of this autumn, they will be actively involved in promoting the LUX Audience Award, launched in 2020 by the European Parliament and the European Film Academy, in partnership with the European Commission (Creative Europe) and Europa Cinemas.
Who can participate?
- Regular cinema goers, passionate about cinema, aged between 18 – 25 years
- Good communicators active on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat)
- Good writing skills (articles and blogs) with aptitude for podcasting, blogging, vlogging, video editing, photography or any other communication skill that will allow the candidate to be actively involved in a communication campaign
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) to actively take part in the discussions about the films with film professionals,
How to participate?
To be in with a chance, please submit:
- A video selfie in which the candidate explains “What is cinema” for him/her/them. S/he/they should start the video saying “Cinema for me is…” and then develop his/her/their argument.
- This video will help judges to see how the candidate expresses himself/herself/themselves in English and his/her/their ability to “talk” about cinema. High quality and creativity are required!
- Please see Europa Cinemas’ Vimeo channel to consult previous entries.
- Videos must be in English
- In high resolution (Full HD: 1920×1080 px) and with excellent audio
- Duration: 30 seconds
- The following information should be visible on the video: Name and country of origin
- The videos should be sent to Kino Iiris (firstname.lastname@example.org) via Wetransfer
- Take a look at the Europa Cinemas’s Vimeo channel to check out previous year’s examples
Fill and send the online application form & video to Kino Iiris BEFORE May 20th 2022.
What happens if you’re the lucky one?
You win a flight ticket to Venice and get free accommodation in the Lido where the festival takes place. You’ll be offered a free festival accreditation (giving also priority access to the Giornate degli Autori screenings).
Important: You should commit yourself to:
- Being present in Venice before the start of the festival, from Tuesday 30th August to Sunday 11th September 2022 (festival dates: 31 August -10 September)
- Being a jury member for the films competing for the Giornate degli Autori. A festival accreditation (giving priority access to screenings of the Giornate degli Autori) will be provided
- Taking part in round-table discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving their communication skills as influencer so that they could be actively involved in raising awareness of the LUX Audience Award
- Contributing with content to the Europa Cinemas website and social networks
- Promote and spread the word about the new LUX Audience Award after the festival using the knowledge and skills learned in Venice in their own networks and social media community
- Attend events organized in the frame of the LUX Audience Award (mainly January-May of the following year) and helping with promotional and follow-up communication
- Be available to participate in the LUX Selection panel meeting for LUX Audience Award 2023 edition, which takes place usually between June-September (1-2 days).
The European Parliament will cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event (13 days), while Europa Cinemas will take care of their daily allowance and Giornate will be in charge of the organization and the festival accreditation
Don’t miss this unique opportunity!
*Co-organised by the European Parliament, the LUX Prize, the Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema aims to promote shared values and cultural diversity through cinema among young people.
For further information about this initiative please visit: